- 8 sheets of filo pastry (also called edge).
- 2 Morcilla Rice Pudding (if Burgos, the better)
- 1 onion
- 2 tablespoons pine nuts
- 2 tablespoons raisins
- Cumin 1 teaspoon grated
- 2 apples (Granny type, which are acidic)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 egg beaten.
The recipe for these bricks have a history, I passed an old colleague, Javier, who like good leonine advertising the typical black pudding there, I recognize that the Leonese blood pudding is perfect for making croquettes, it is much stronger and creamier but for these bricks I opted me the land of my mother, Burgos morcilla, so I started to work and prepared for Christmas Eve in Brussels, so I took the black pudding in my suitcase with me and I been repeated other times, I love the sweet / sour mix apples with caramelized onions and black pudding as a climax in the brick oven is delicious.
- We remove the core the apples and peel them. We make slices of 1/2 cm thickness. In a frying pan melt the butter and had a strong apple butter on medium heat. Reserve.
- Caramelize onions, we will use bicarbonate, only the tip of a knife (about 2 grams). In the same pan that we used for the apples we take a splash of extra virgin olive oil, chopped onion, a pinch of salt and baking. We do high heat and see how the yellow immediately onion in 5 minutes onion has released its own juice to be made in the oil, turning down the heat in half and cook the onion for 5 minutes until we get the desired point . Reserve.
- Le quitamos la piel a la morcilla, y la troceamos. La espolvoreamos con el comino.
- In another pan put 1 tablespoon oil and toss the raisins and pine nuts, braise a little and add the sausage. The cook for 10 min. approx. (Depending on the quality of blood sausage). Let cool.
- Preheat oven to 180 ° C.
- Extends sheets filo pastry, spread the surface with beaten egg and stuffed with sausage and onion mixture. Top with 2 slices of apple and close to the shape of a spring roll or a bag closing it with kitchen twine.
- Put albal paper or greaseproof paper on a baking tray and place the bricks.
- When the oven is hot, enter the tray and bake for 15-20 min, depending on what you like golden leaving.
- Remove the filo pastry in the same time when you go to fill it, because it is a very delicate pasta and if you get contact with the air becomes dry and impossible to manipulate.
- Fuenmayor. Nocedal Reserva 2001. 15 euros
- Valdemar. Rioja Inspiración 2010. 8 euros
- Alta Pavina. Citius 2009. Pinot Noir. 19 euros
- Lopez de Heredia. Reserva Viña Tondonia 2001. 20 euros