- 5 eggplants
- 1 Granada
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 2 tablespoons tahini or sesame cream
- juice of half lemon
- 100 ml of extra virgin olive oil
- 3 cloves of garlic
- black pepper
- paprika for garnish
It is eggplant season, from June to November, so we have many months to cook this vegetable and also now in September with all its splendor after receiving the rays of summer sun.
Perfect for cooking snacks and pasta dishes as eggplant cream dish of the Middle East, particularly in Lebanon. It is a thin, very soft and exotic cream and is hard to stop eating it, apart from having many nutritional properties and only contains healthy fat virgin olive oil.
Besides the legend that women who consume usually acquire the same characteristics of sweetness and seduction.
- Preheat oven to 190 ° C.
- Cut the eggplants in half, we threw them coarse salt by the cut surface and leave them on a cloth or paper towels to go pouring water for about 20 minutes.
- Wash eggplants well to remove salt and dry them well.
- The grilled middle position in the oven with the fan for 30 minutes.
- We draw the eggplants from the oven and let cool until you can remove the skin without getting burned, we pulled all the meat by hand and scrape what remains stuck to the skin with a spoon.
- We take all the eggplant flesh in a glass blender with the juice of half a lemon, cumin, tahini, garlic, olive oil, black pepper and salt.
- We beat well until a homogeneous and thin dough, test and add salt.
- Peel the Granada and decorate with seeds of Granada, the combination of flavors is perfect.
- Sprinkle with paprika.
- We serve with pita bread.
- The original recipe does not really beat with hand mixer if not to make it a thicker consistency, plus the taste changes, and better. The next time you have to make it by hand so that the result is more authentic.
- I recommend preparing a syrup of Granada, is perfect for this recipe and so I was recommended a good friend of Lebanon, it is a very popular syrup in the kitchen Armenia and it is precisely in the already closed restaurant Sayat Nova de Madrid (I hope to return soon ) where I tried for the first time and loved it. I will post as soon as the season starts grenade (October), now as you see in the picture they are pretty little ripe. While I leave here the recipe http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/alton-brown/pomegranate-syrup-or-molasses-recipe/index.html
- Also perfect add only fruit Granada, healthier, less sugar and contains many properties this delicious red fruit.