- 1.2 kg pumpkin (peeled 1kg)
- 300g sugar
- 5 eggs
- 1 package cream 200 ml liquid to mount
- for coverage:
- 100 g black chocolate
- 30 g butter
My friend Selena brought a lot of pumpking from her parents garden and asked what she could do with it. I had already prepared many creams and wanted to make a cake, so here you go up a recipe that will serve helpful and also for all those lucky enough to have garden and this time end up with kilos of pumpkin in the pantry. We must know that in season, pumpkin is fresh and a good price, there are two types of squash, summer and winter (late September to October to November) that they are sweeter. I’ve used for this recipe the winter one.
My pumpkin cake is light, easy, with only 3 ingredients and with little fat, I have added a touch of chocolate but if you want to do without it is just as good as the pumpkin has a very sweet taste.
The pumpkin contains 90% water, very few calories, low in carbohydrates and high in fiber. It is ideal for those who want to follow a diet for its satiating power and also pumpkin pulp has a high content of mucilage, a substance that has a softening and protective action of the stomach lining. It is ideal for diabetics because it regulates blood sugar levels and has diuretic properties to prevent fluid retention.
- We cook the pumpkin with the included skin and cut into pieces in the pressure cooker for 7 minutes.
- Once cooked, peel the pieces, skin almost appears pulp alone.
- We drain them well pumpkin in a colander pressing with a fork to squeeze all the water and remove the seeds we find.
- We heat the oven to 225 ° C.
- We let the pumpkin cool for about half an hour.
- In a bowl we beat the eggs with the sugar until well blended and increased mass.
- Add the pumpkin and cream and beat with mixer.
- Grease a container of about 23 cm with greaseproof paper.
- Add the mixture and bake in the oven for 30 minutes or until when puncturing with a needle or thin knife comes out clean.
- Let cool and unmold.
- Prepare the chocolate in a small saucepan, add the chocolate and butter over low heat and stir constantly until well blended.
- We cover the cake with chocolate topping.