- For the base:
- 200 grs Digestive type cookies
- 140 grs of butter
- For the filling:
- 900g cream cheese
- 5 eggs
- 500 grs of strawberries
- 200 grs of sugar
- For gelatin
- 75 ml water
- 4 teaspoons of sugar
- 150 ml wine
- 3.5 sachets of gelatin
- Chocolate balls
Merlot grape, typical from Bordeaux specifically from Saint Emilion area is the 2nd most abundant grape in the world, after the Cabernet Sauvignon and due to its aromas of red fruits, especially strawberries, is the variety that I have selected for this creamy dessert with Strawberries puree, make a perfect pairing.
You can also make it with sweet wine, I have made this dessert several times with a excepcional sweet Rioja wine, the wine supurao Ojuel.
- Preheat the oven to 150ºC
- For the base: crush the biscuits, add the melted butter and mix with the hand. Put this mixture in the base of the mold previously covered with vegetable paper or butter. Press the mixture into the base to compress it. Let it rest in the refrigerator while we make the rest of the cake.
- Mix the cream cheese and the sugar in low-power mixer until getting a soft mixture.
- Add the eggs one by one while mixing, the mixture should be smooth and creamy, finish beating faster.
- Clean the strawberries and mash them until puree and mix it with the cheese mixture until everything is well joined.
- Pour the mixture in the mold over the base that we kept in the refrigerator and put it in double boiler (bain-marie) in the oven for 40-50 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool in the mold.
- While cooling, hydrate the gelatin leaves for 5-10 minutes. Meanwhile, put the water and sugar in a saucepan over low heat for 10 minutes, remove from the heat, add the gelatin and mix until completely dissolved, add the wine, stir and let cool for about 10 minutes and pour over the mixture of cheese cream and strawberries.
- Keep it in the refrigerator overnight before serving.
- Decorate with a few chocolate balls.
- Make it in a mold not too large to be a rather thick cake, approximately 29 x 20 cms.
- Do not bake it more than 50/55 minutes, we want the cake to have a soft texture not a brick texture.
- Chocolate pearls can be bought at a master chocolatier or also sold by the Lacasa brand at the supermarket.