- 225 g flour
- 225 g sugar
- 225 ml Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 eggs
- 2 large khaki or 350g peeled persimmon
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon of yeast
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 teaspoon ginger
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon powder
- For the orange cream
- 3 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 80 ml orange juice
- 4 g orange zest
- 55 g butter
- 180 g mascarpone
Delicious cake with seasonal fruits, soft orange cream and sponge cake made of Kaki.
Instructions to make the Orange and Kaki Persimon Cake
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees
- Mix the flour, bicarbonate, yeast, salt and cinnamon and set aside.
- Beat the eggs and sugar with a whisk until you get a homogeneous dough.
- Add the olive oil to the egg mixture, then the vanilla and the ginger and continue beating
- Add the flour mixture little by little and continue beating at a low average speed until it becomes a homogeneous dough.
- Peal the Kakis and grind them until it is creamy in the blender.
- Add the creamy persimon to the previous mixture and continue beating slowly.
- Grease a cake mould with butter or margarine, line it with baking paper and pour the mixture and bake for 45 minutes or until done (use a fine knife to check that it is dry).
- Take it out of the oven, let it cool down for 15 minutes and then remove it from the mould and leave it to air on a rack until it cools down.
- To make the orange cream, beat the eggs with a whisk, add the sugar and continue beating until it is well joined and swollen and add the orange juice and mix.
- Heat the mixture in a saucepan over medium-low heat, stirring constantly until the mixture thickens (5 to 10 minutes).
- Remove from the heat, leave to cool slightly and add the butter cut into small pieces to melt better.
- Mix well and add the grated orange peel.
- Leave to cool.
- Divide the persimon pie in two and fill it with a little more than half of the orange cream.
- Add the rest of the orange cream to the mascarpone cheese and cover the surface of the cake with this mixture.
- Leave to rest for a few hours and serve
This post is also available in: Spanish