Tiempo: ~ 2 hours
- 300 grs sugar
300 ml extra virgin olive oil
270 g bananas
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
300 g flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon salt
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
100 g of pineapple
100 g of pecan nuts or walnuts
For the cheese frosting:
600 g of icing sugar
100 g butter at room temperature
250 g cheese cream (philadelphia type)
Instructions to make the Hummingbird Cake:
- Preheat the oven to 170ºC
- In a large bowl add the sugar, eggs, olive oil, banana and cinnamon and mix with the electric mixer until everything is well mixed.
- Add the flour, baking soda, salt and vanilla extract and mix everything until it is a homogeneous dough.
- Add the pineapple cut into pieces and the chopped nuts in the mixture and stir it well.
- Line a mold with baking paper and pour half of the mixture.
- Let it bake in the oven for about 20 minutes or punching with a fine knife, make sure it comes out dry.
- Take out from the oven and let it cool for 15 minutes, unmold and do the same operation from point 5 with the rest of the mixture.
- We will have 2 bases of sponge cake that we will let cool.
- Now make the cheese frosting, mix the sugar with the butter in a very deep bowl to avoid flying the sugar at low medium speed until sandy consistency.
- When it is well mixed add the cream cheese and mix at high speed until it has a light and fluffy texture at the same time, approximately mix for about 5 minutes.
- When the sponge cakes are cold, spread one of the sponge cake with 1/3 of the cheese cover, put the other sponge cake on it and cover the surface and sides of the cake with the rest of the cheese frosting.
- Sprinkle cinnamon on top and decorate with pecans, nuts or marzipan fruits.
- Delicious and absolutely sweet, awesome !!