Instructions to make the Black Chocolate Cake:
- Grind the cookies until sandy consistency with the grinder or crush them with the mortar.
- Heat the milk with the chopped chocolate in a pot.
- Stir until getting an homogeneous mixture.
- Add the biscuits and stir.
- Add the sugar and keep stirring with the wooden spoon.
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- When everything is mixed add the egg yolks and butter, intercalating eggs and pieces of butter while stirring always in the same direction.
- Everything is simmered until it boils.
- Once boiled, let it cool.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees.
- Stiff the egg whites to stiff adding with 4 tablespoons of sugar and pour it carefully to the chocolate mixture once it is cold.
- We lined a mold with baking paper, pour all the mixture and bake for 20 minutes only in the bottom of the oven, click to see if it is done.
- For the coverage, heat the chocolate with water in a bain-marie until a homogenous mass is obtained.
- Once the pie is removed from the oven, pour the top chocolate and let it cool for at least 5 hours.
- Decorate with nuts or with pink coloring like the one in the photo.
This post is also available in: Spanish