- 1/2 lt Cream 35% MG
- 5 yolks
- 65 g sugar
- 3 sachets of camomile
- 3 teaspoons of sugar for the surface
Delicious creamy dessert made with only cream and egg yolks and infused with chamomile. Perfect as a dessert for any celebration and really easy and quick to make with the Sous Vide.
Instructions to make Creme Brulee with Camomile and Macadamia Nuts:
- Heat the cream in a saucepan until it boils, remove and add the 3 bags of camomile, or if you have in bulk, 3 teaspoons of camomile in a filter and leave to infuse, covering the saucepan with a lid for at least 15 minutes.
- Set the Sous Vide to 85°C, if you don’t have Sous Vide you can also do it by simulating the Sous Vide. To do this, fill a large pot with water and heat the water up to 85°C by checking it with a thermometer.
- In a whisk, beat the egg yolks with the sugar.
- Remove the camomile from the cream and add the cream to the egg yolk and sugar mixture and beat until it is a smooth mixture.
- Put the mixture into a plastic bag that you will close, taking care not to leave any air inside, and put it into the water pot with the sous vide and leave it for 50 minutes. You can also put it in several glass jars or a large one. If you don’t have Sous Vide, you should check that the temperature does not exceed 90°C at any time.
- Afterwards, take the mixture out of the pot and pour it into single-serving containers and let it cool down.
- Once it is cooler, leave it in the fridge for several hours or overnight.
- Once it is settled and cold, sprinkle sugar with a sieve on the surface and caramelize it with a blowtorch so that it is sweet and crunchy and add some pieces of nuts, I have selected macadamias from Emma´s Müesli Nuts
- You can infuse the cream with other flavors such as vanilla, orange blossom water, rose water, just be creative.
This post is also available in: Spanish