- 450 g milk chocolate, average 35% cocoa
- 4 eggs
- 150 g sugar
- 250 g hazelnuts
- 250 g butter
- 250 ml cream
- For coverage
- 200 g chocolate with hazelnuts
- Some Lindor chocolates
Delicious cake of various types of chocolate with whole and ground hazelnuts. I used a mixture of chocolates between 30% and 70% cocoa. For the topping, a milk chocolate with hazelnuts and another chocolate at 70% for the border and to finish off some Lindor chocolates also bordering the cake and I used a fresh cream from Normandy at 42% fat.
Instructions to make the Chocolate and Hazelnuts Cake
- Heat the cream and the chopped chocolate in a bain-marie
- Stir when melted until a homogeneous mixture is left.
- Roast the hazelnuts in the oven at 180 degrees for 14 minutes.
- Crush the hazelnuts.
- Add the hazelnut mixture to the chocolate and stir.
- Add the sugar and continue stirring with the wooden spoon.
- Separate the whites from the yolks.
- When everything is mixed, add the egg yolks and the butter, mixing in the eggs and pieces of butter, stirring constantly until everything is well combined.
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees in fan mode
- Mount the egg whites on a snowy spot and carefully add them to the chocolate mass.
- Line a baking tin with baking paper, pour in all the mixture and bake for 25 minutes in the bottom of the oven only, prick to see if it is done.
- For the topping, heat the chocolate with hazelnuts in a bain-marie.
- Once the cake is out of the oven, pour the chocolate with hazelnuts over it.
- For this cake I added another chocolate, this time black for the outer part of the cake and Lindor chocolates sliced in half.
- Be careful when heating up the bain-marie that no water gets into the chocolate mixture.
- The butter should be at room temperature so that it can be bound to the chocolate mixture well.
This post is also available in: Spanish