- 240 g of wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 30 grams of pure cocoa powder
- 400 grams of sugar
- 240 ml of olive oil extra virgin Arbequina or empeltre
- 2 eggs
- 240 ml of sour cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla
- 60 ml of red food coloring
- 1 teaspoon white vinegar
- 1/2 cup coffee
- For the cream cheese:
- 100 grams of softened butter (at room temperature)
- 600 grams of icing sugar
- 250 g Philadelphia cream cheese type
A classic dessert from south of United States, the red velvet cake is a spongy and rich cake with a distinctive flavour for the key ingredient, sour cream and filled and covered with a cream cheese made with sugar and butter, delicious!
- Preheat oven to 170 ° C
- Sift flour, baking powder, baking soda and cocoa and set aside.
- In another bowl we beat the eggs, add sugar and continue beating with wire whisk, if electrical easier ..
- Add the sour cream, vanilla, vinegar, coffee and red colorant and continue beating.
- Once everything is well blended, add 1/3 of the flour mixture and continue beating until smooth dough and incorporate 1/3 of olive oil and beat.
- Repeat step 5 twice more until finish the flour and oil.
- Cover the container with butter and line with baking paper.
- Pour the mixture and cook in the oven for about 45-50 minutes.
- Take out from the oven and let cool 10 minutes.
- Unmold and let cool on a rack.
- We prepare the cream cheese, for it sift the icing sugar.
- Pour the icing sugar into a large bowl and butter in small pieces.
- Beat with wire whisk for about 3-4 minutes until well blended.
- We incorporate cream cheese (cold) and continue beating another 5 minutes until it is a smooth, creamy and airy dough.
- Once the cake is cold, divide it into 2 parts and fill with cream cheese and cover the entire cake with the remaining cream cheese.
This post is also available in: Spanish