- For the pastry:
- 225g flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 110 g butter
- 2-3 tablespoons water
- For the filling:
- 425 grs pumpkin skinless
- 1 egg
- 235 ml evaporated milk
- 220 grams sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 3/4 teaspoon grated cinnamon
- 1/4 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 tablespoon flour
Lets continue with the product-season (September to November): Pumpkin, but this time I have prepared a recipe pastry English style, it is sweeter and with a special flavor spices also very easy to cook and low fat, although contains more sugar … but since it is an English cake, you cannot expect low level of sugar.
- For the pastry, beat the flour, salt and butter with whisk at low speed until crumbly and everything is well mixed.
- Add 2 tablespoons water and knead with hands until well blended and be a homogeneous mass that can catch with one hand.
- Once we have the well-kneaded mixture wrap it in plastic wrap and let rest for 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 170 ° C.
- Cook the pumpkin with the skin in the pressure cooker for 8 minutes. Drain them, we remove the skin and let cool. Remove the water dripping pumpkin in the colander with a fork pressing.
- In a bowl we beat the pumpkin until we pureeing and throwing the egg, evaporated milk, sugar, grated clove, salt, cinnamon, ginger and flour and mix with wooden spoon until it is a homogeneous mass.
- Once the dough for the pastry has rested, we floured slightly the counter and stretch with the roller also floured doing round shape and a little more on the size of the container that we will use, with the help of roller will place the dough in the bowl we have previously greased with margarine and baking paper.
- Pour the mixture over the pastry and put in the oven for 40 minutes or until it is done by pricking with a knife comes out clean.
- Serve alone or with whipped cream.
This post is also available in: Spanish