- 10 Persimmon kaki
- 650 grs mascarpone cheese
- 1/2 glass of sugar
- 5 eggs
- half glass of Cointreau or Orange Liquor
- Speculoos biscuits
- sugar for persimmon jam
This tiramisu is just different, does not contain coffee nor cacao, but it is also delicious, original and also healthier, its main ingredient is the Kaki Persimmon, fruit that has an amazing texture, I also added Cointreau liqueur that gives a hint of citrus.
I tried it for the first time in a restaurant in the Italian city of Florence and I liked it so much that I tried to reproduce the recipe and is even better than the original.
Instruction of Sharon Fruit Tiramisu:
- Peel the persimmons and mix until getting a cream.
- Let aside a little cream to make persimmon jam.
- In the rest of the persimmon cream add liqueur Cointreau.
- In a mold cover the bottom with a layer of biscuits Speculoos and wet them with the cream of Persimmon and Cointreau.
- Separate the whites from the yolks and mount only 4 of the 5 egg whites to soft peaks.
- In another bowl beat the egg yolks with the sugar with wire whisk at high speed.
- Once well mixed the sugar with the egg yolks, add the mascarpone cheese, mix well with a spoon and finish beating with normal mixer until a homogeneous mass.
- On the mascarpone mixture incorporate the meringue with a spoon or spatula until a homogeneous mass, never mix with whisk to prevent the mixture down.
- Pour half of the cream on the biscuit and persimmon layer.
- Put another layer on top of cookies and the last layer with the rest of the mixture of Persimmon and Cointreau.
- And finally the last layer with the mascarpone cream.
- Keep at least 24 hours in the refrigerator covering the container to prevent taking any odor from the refrigerator.
- To make the persimmon jam, simmer over low heat for about 15 minutes the persimmon cream with the same amount of sugar, stirring occasionally.
- Let cool.
- Serve with jam persimmon above.
- Speculoos biscuits are typical biscuits from Belgium, you can find them in http://www.lamaisonbelge.com or you can also buy cookies for Lotus brand coffee sold in most supermarkets.
- I recommend using a good mascarpone cheese, it is creamier and tiramisu is more consistent.
- Tiramisu is much better if you keep it at least 24 hours before serving.
- Orange liqueur can be whatever, I’ve used Cointreau.
Tiramisú de kaki
This post is also available in: Spanish