- 500 g Almonds
- 500 g Butter at room temperature
- 500 g sugar
- 500 g flour
- 1 Jar of Raspberry Jam
Linzer Torte is originally from the city of Linz in Austria and the recipe appears for the first time in a cookbook from 1653, becoming the oldest cake in the world.
It is a delicious, simple cake and also is perfect after several days. The first time I tried it, my neighbour Andreas gave it to me and it has become one of my favorites. It is made with basic ingredients and is a very simple delicious recipe.
Here the link to the video of my neighbours Andreas and Ron’s Linzer Torte recipe https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nvJt4mOpTZg is their secret recipe to stay together for 37 years
Mix almonds, butter, flour and sugar in equal proportions and if you also make it with the marcona almonds from Spain and a good butter will be even better.
Instructions to make Linzer Torte:
- Roast the almonds in the oven during 10 minutes to 180ºC.
- Grind the almonds into almond flour. Otherwise you can always buy almond flour.
- Mix in a bowl the almond flour, butter, sugar and flour and beat until a homogeneous dough.
- Line two molds of 26 cm diameter with the dough, cover it with a fine layer of raspberry jam and cover the dough again making strips with the dough, this already depends on the expertise of each.
- Cook the dough in the oven for about 1 hour to 130ºC
- Let it cool for a few hours.
- To make a Vegan Linzer Torte you can replace the butter by extra virgin olive oil.
- You can also make it with hazelnuts or a mix of almonds and hazelnuts.
This post is also available in: Spanish