- 225 grs flour
- 225 grs sugar
- 225 ml extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large glass of grape juice with the pulp
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tablespoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon grated ginger
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 100 grs raisins
- 1 jet of Brandy
- Preheat oven to 190 degrees
- Grind the grapes in the blender.
- Mix the flour with baking soda, salt and baking powder.
- Beat the eggs and sugar until foamy (like bubble bath)
- Pour the olive oil to the egg mixture, then the ginger and continue beating.
- Add the flour mixture little by little and continue beating until getting a homogeneous dough.
- Pour the grape juice and the Brandy and continue beating.
- Flour around the raisins and add them to the dough.
- Grease a sponge cake with butter or margarine, line it with baking paper and pour the mixture.
- Bake it for 45 minutes or until made (by punching with a fine knife, make sure it comes out dry) .
- Let it cooling for 15 minutes, unmold and keep it aside until it cools.
This post is also available in: Spanish