- For the shortbread pastry, mix the flour, salt and butter with the electric mixer at low speed until sandy consistency and everything is well mixed.
- Add 4 tablespoons of water and mix with the hands until everything is well mixed and a homogeneous dough that we can take with one hand.
- Once we have a consistent mixture , make it a round ball and wrap in transparent film and let aside for 1 hour.
- Once the shortbread pastry is settled, spread the dough on the counter with a little flour and the roll. Line a mold with baking paper to put the dough on, mold the dough well forming the edges with a fork or knife, above of the mass we put another baking paper and we throw chickpeas to avoid that the dough rises when baking.
- Put in the oven for about 20 minutes, remove the chickpeas and bake another 20 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and let it cool.
- For the cream custard: beat the yolks with the sugar vigorously with the mixer until foamy and creamy, add the flour and cornstarch and mix well with the spatula. Before boiling all the milk, reserve a little milk and incorporate to this mixture until is well mixed.
- Put the milk to boil, remove and let it cool a little, pour the milk slowly into the previous mixture, mix well and put back into the fire until it reaches the boiling point always stirring continuously with the Hand mixer rods until thick and low heat !!
- Keep it cool and put a film layer over the custard.
- Over the base shortbread pastry, spread the dulce de leche.
- Over the dulce de leche, put slices of banana.
- Over it, spread the custard.
- Let it cool.
- Beat the cream with the sugar until a thick mixture.
- Spread the cream and form peaks with a spoon.
- Decorate it with more banana slices and sprinkle cinnamon.
This post is also available in: Spanish