- For the pastry:
- 225 grs of wheat flour
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 110 grs butter
- 5-6 tablespoons of water
- For custard:
- 1/2 litre whole milk
- 6 yolks
- 100 grs icing sugar
- 40 grs flour
- 30 grs cornstarch
- For apple coverage:
- 2 golden apples or red apples but ripe, not green
- 6 tablespoons apricot or peach jam
- 2 tablespoons juice of 1 lemon
Apple creamy creamy pie with a crunchy base of pastry, custard and apple slices on the surface painted with an apricot syrup, it suits almost any taste, it is not a very cloying cake and it is awesome! !!
- First we will prepare the pastry for the base of the cake following the same steps of several cakes that I have already uploaded, click on link (follow the steps up to number 3). pastry
- Preheat owen to 170ºC
- Once the pastry is settled, spread the dough on the counter with a little flour and the roll and we cover a container with butter and baking paper to put the dough on, we molded well forming the edges with a fork or knife, above of the mass we put another paper of bake and we throw chick-peas to avoid that it rises the mass while baking.
- We put in the oven for about 15 minutes, take it out, we removed the chickpeas and we baked another 10 minutes more.
- Remove from the oven and let cool.
- For the cream custard: beat the yolks with the sugar vigorously with the beater until it becomes well swollen, incorporate the flour and cornstarch and mix well with the spatula. Before putting the milk to boil we reserve a little milk and we incorporate to this mixture uniting it well.
- Put the milk to boil, remove and let it cool a little, pour the milk slowly into the previous mixture, mix well and put back into the fire until it reaches the boiling point always stirring continuously with the Hand mixer rods until thick and low heat !!
- Beat the pastry cream with the mixer to make it finer.
- Remove and let cool.
- Pour over the pastry.
- Preheat the oven to 200ºC.
- Cut the apples into slices and place them on top of the pastry cream, covering everything well.
- We heated some apricot marmalade in a saucepan and we added the lemon juice, strain it and we painted the slices of apple.
- Calentamos un poco de mermelada en un cazo y le añadimos el zumo de limón, la colamos y pintamos con ella las rodajitas de manzana.
- Bake for 15 minutes.
- Remove and let cool for at least 3 hours.
- Paint the apples again with the apricot syrup.
- For the custard cream you have to be careful not to pour the very hot milk over the yolk mixture, just let it cool a little and then do not stop stirring. Also it is better to use icing sugar, the custard is finer. The icing sugar can be found in the hypercor or in Taste of America stores.
This post is also available in: Spanish